27/10/2004 8:18:35 AM
In November we begin with a DTS 2000 best practice interactive session hosted by Victor Isakov. This is followed by an in depth look at Integration Services (DTS) in SQL Server 2005 by Dave Lean.
Microsoft is making a huge investment in the next release of Data Transformation Services. DTS is one of the most heavily re-engineered SQL Server components in SQL Server 2005 and our User Group meeting this month will focus on how the new DTS components work. David Lean will demonstrate the many new features & discuss the architecture of this new release.
The presentation is designed for
* Seasoned DTS users and new DTS users
* People who will be designing packages
* People who need to use the UI for their work
* People who want to understand the basic features and changes in this version
* Providing a High-level View of new DTS components and architecture
We will have demos!
* BI Workbench
* Workflow compared to Dataflow
* Workflow Features
* Dataflow Features
* Putting it Together
* Where Did it Go?
David Lean is a "Principal Technology Specialist - Database & Line of Business Applications" in the Enterprise Solutions Group, Microsoft Australia.
Venue: Sydney Clifton's Level 2, 190 George Street Sydney |
Duration Duration 5:30 pizza 6pm interactive session 6:30pm DTS 2005 till 8pm |
On: Tuesday, 23 November 2004