8/03/2010 9:53:13 PM
In this demo-rich presentation, we’ll be covering some of the lesser known features of a tool we all use on a daily basis – SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). Our coverage will extend across 5 areas; Startup, Customization, Shortcuts, Learning and Troubleshooting. We’ll also take a look at some of the upcoming SSMS features in SQL Server 2008 R2 due out shortly.
Some of the specific things we’ll be covering include;
• Central Management Servers with Policy Based Management,
• Using the SSMS debugging tool,
• Activity Monitor & SQL Profiler Integration,
• Discovering Missing Indexes from Execution Plans,
• ... and a whole lot more including object explorer customization, fast start-up, colour-coded connections and a few completely-useless-but-infinitely-cool tricks to play on your unsuspecting work colleagues!
About the Speaker
Rod Colledge is an independent SQL Server consultant based in Brisbane. He’s the author of “SQL Server 2008 Administration in Action”, was a technical editor on the “SQL Server MVP Deep Dives” book, writes for Quest and Simple-talk, is a frequent speaker at local SQL Server user groups, and recently received the SQL Server MVP award for 2010.
Rod blogs at www.rodcolledge.com is the founder and operator of www.sqlcrunch.com, and was a highly rated speaker at last year’s PASS summit in Seattle. He enjoys spending time with his young family, playing golf very badly, and pretending to taste the difference between a Pinot Gris and a Sauvignon Blanc.
Venue: Microsoft Level 5, Building 4, Freshwater Place, Southbank , Melbourne, VIC |
Duration 5:30PM pizzas & drinks for 6:00 start, approx 7:45pm finish |
On: Tuesday, 16 March 2010