3/10/2011 5:54:38 AM
With the recent release of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and Microsoft SharePoint 2010, the business case for implementation of Business Intelligence (BI) has never been more compelling.
In this session we will discuss what BI is and why it's important to your business, users and decision-making processes. We will also step through the key building-blocks that make up the Microsoft BI solutions strategy, what each of these components do, which ones to use and when, and why they may be important to your overall BI architecture.
Join us for discuss key topics including:
- A definition of the term BI
- An overview of Microsoft BI positioning in the commercial marketplace
- Exploration of Self-Service and what this means
- what's next on the horizon for Microsoft BI in SQL Server Denali
The session will also include an overview and demonstration of key Microsoft BI Platform technologies including:
- SQL Server Analysis (and Excel Pivot Tables for "Self-Service BI")
- SQL Server Reporting Services (and Report Builder 3.0 for "Self-Service BI")
- SharePoint PerformancePoint Services
- SharePoint PowerPivot (for "Self-Service BI")
About the Presenter
Rolf has 17 years IT experience with more than 14 years across all facets of SQL Server/Windows platforms, operating in both freelance consulting roles and within large multi-nationals, including Dimension Data, BHP Biliton, Honda and Australia Post.
Rolf’s SQL experience covers SQL architecture/design, business intelligence (BI), disaster recovery (DR), performance management, security and compliance, consolidation/strategy and virtualisation.
Rolf currently operates as the Dimension Data DB Services National Consulting Lead and is responsible for ensuring the provision of the highest standard of professional services projects and/or managed services solutions to our APAC database clients in sales, pre-sales, delivery and maintenance phases of all database engagements.
Venue: Microsoft Level 5, Building 4, Freshwater Place, Southbank , Melbourne, VIC |
Duration 5:30PM pizzas & drinks for 6:00 start, approx 7:45pm finish |
On: Tuesday, 15 November 2011